Sunday, May 09, 2021

My personal writing project - Agile in it.

 I have a personal project. I am writing a book. One evening I discussed with a colleague and suddenly I realized that I am utilizing Agile development practices in my writing. 

Continuous improvement. I am not a professional writer. I write as best I can. While writing I am improving all the time. In one writer training I participated we did read out lout what we had written and we gave feedback for each other. That is our Retrospective meeting. Our teacher gives us improvement ideas and some of us rewrite our stories. 

T-shape competencies. Self-development has always been important for me personally. I have tried to find writer trainings to participate and I haven't restricted myself for trainings for novelists. I am also interested in poetry. Writing prose is hopefully some day my main competence but I do hope to have some competence in other area of literature.



Incremental development. When I started my writer training last Autumn I had couple of ideas for books. I have written small chapters for each of them and based on both feedback and my own judgement I have either continued or decided to leave that chapter out. Each chapter is a minimum viable product, an incremental part of possible book. Readable as it own but hopefully some day part of my book. 



No comments:

Post a Comment